Welcome to GLow
GLow is a resonant low-pass filter. It has three simple controls and one useful purpose. It filters out frequencies above a user-defined cut-off frequency, and adds variable amounts of resonance at that point.
- All GVST plug-ins come compressed in a ZIP file, so the first step is to extract the files from the ZIP file.
- Once extracted, you should have one or more DLL files, these are the plug-in files.
- You need to copy the plug-in files to the appropriate folder for your host program.
- In most cases, you will need either to restart the host program or re-scan the plug-in folder in order for newly-installed plug-ins to appear.
- Automating the "Cut Off" and "Res" (resonance) knobs can add drama to an individual track, a sub-mix, or entire segments of a song at mix-down.
- With a 0% resonance setting, GLow can be used to restrict the frequency range an instrument or track occupies, without colouring the sound.
- Because resonance can add substantial peaks to an audio signal, keep an eye on the "Peak" window to help control the changes being made.
The three knobs are presented the same way for consistent and easy identification. Above the knob, its function is labelled. Below the knob, a numerical readout reflects the user adjustments or allows the user to manually specify values. One additional mini-window at the bottom of the GUI shows the peak level of the outgoing signal, in decibels.
Gain: This knob adjusts the level of the incoming signal, pre- processing.
Cut Off: Only frequencies below this level will be allowed to pass through. Anything above is cut.
Res: This knob sets the "resonance", for the filter. Resonance is created by boosting a small band of frequencies at the filter's cut off point.
Peak Display: As a supplement to your existing metering methods, GLow will display the peak level it has passed. Click in the display space to reset to "-Inf dB".
- GVST plug-ins are provided to the user at no cost. While every GVST plug-in is tested to the best of the developer's ability, no warranty or guarantee is offered to the end user.
- No suggestions made by the developer or his representatives (i.e., freely offered support) are to be taken as an implied warranty or guarantee.
- These plug-ins may only be distributed by the official GVST website, or by parties explicitly given permission by the developer.
- GVST plug-ins are to be distributed only in their original form as intended by the developer (i.e., the unaltered archive).
- GVST plug-ins are freeware, meaning you are never under any obligation to pay for them! However, should you wish to help support continued development of GVST software, please consider donating through the official website.
- Development, code, website and graphics by Graham Yeadon.
- Documentation by Greg Pettit and Graham Yeadon (many thanks to Greg for all of his help).
- VST technology copyright Steinberg GmbH.
- The "VST" name and logo are registered trademarks of Steinberg GmbH.
- "Windows" is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
- "Mac" and "OSX" are trademarks of Apple Inc.